The first meeting of the CMS Parent Organization will take place on October 6th at 6pm in the CMS library. I hope to provide some technology training that you might find useful as a way to keep up with what is going on the middle school. We also need to discuss how you would like to structure the group. I think that it is important that we decide what parents want to get out of these meetings as well as the organizational structure of the group. As I mentioned last summer, I would like parents to take a larger leadership role in the group.
Below is the agenda for the meeting. I hope to see you there :-)
2. Update on Architectural firm
3. Website Updates/Twitter Training
a. How can we structure the group so that parents organize and lead the meetings?
i. Board structure?
ii. Grade level committees?
iii. Committee chairs?
1. October 3rd-October 26th: NWEA Testing
2. October 7th – 5th graders go to You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown at Memorial Hall
3. October 14th – End of First Quarter
4. October 15th 7th and 8th grade football v. Goron-Rushville – 9:00am
5. October 26 – Jump Rope for Heart
6. October 28 – No School
*Parents are always welcomed in our school. Please make arrangements with your student’s teacher prior to your visit and sign in at the front office as a visitor on the day of your visit.