A Summary of Chadron Middle School's 2012-13 NeSA Test Results:
- CMS students posted excellent NeSA Math scores with all four grades, exceeding the State average.
- CMS 8th graders improved the percentage of students meeting or exceeding standard on the NeSA Writing test, equaling the State average.
- CMS 5th and 8th graders posted excellent NeSA Science scores with both grades, exceeding the State average.
- CMS 6th and 8th graders improved on NeSA Reading from 2011-12, but 5th and 7th grade dipped. The overall percent of of students that met/exceeded standard remained the same from 2011-12.
Breakdown of Percent Meeting/Exceeding Standard by Test and Grade Level:
- CMS 5th Grade - 86% State - 75%
- CMS 6th Grade - 83% State - 67%
- CMS 7th Grade - 79% State - 70%
- CMS 8th Grade - 91% State - 66%
NeSA Writing *
- CMS 8th Grade - 68% State - 68%
- CMS had 7 PERFECT scores!
NeSA Science *
- CMS 5th Grade - 79% State - 68%
- CMS 8th Grade - 74% State - 70%
- CMS 5th Grade - 58% State - 78%
- CMS 6th Grade - 73% State - 77%
- CMS 7th Grade - 65% State - 79%
- CMS 8th Grade - 90% State - 67%
* NeSA Writing is administered to 4th, 8th, and 11th grade students
* NeSA Science is administered to 5th, 8th, and 11th grade students